The Dept. of Bitching and Complaining









 It’s OK for anyone to take out their frustrations, as long as it’s not prolonged. To give you a bit of insight, I use two cameras. My iPhone, which gives me 60 frames per second, and Insta360 X1, an earlier version of a 360° video. I’m waiting for the X6 which I’m hoping will have 60 frames per second to match my iPhone. I’ll buy that immediately. I found out it’s a tax write off anyway.

This simple setup means that I have to edit and render the videos, before I can upload them to be approved on the sites. Insta360 is edited first, with key frames and angles. It also runs a lot slower on my laptop than CapCut. Luckily, both are free to use apps.

Then I blend the two videos together in CapCut. It’s a long process. It’s hard for me to sit down and focus on this stuff. Eventually, when the video is ready to go, I uploaded it to the website, and that can take a couple of days before they approve it. As you’ve seen in previous posts, sometimes that can be a crazy hassle too, because the AI they use doesn’t know any better.

So, why do you care? What’s the point of telling you all this people are used to instant gratification. They don’t want to see what’s going on in the factory. They don’t care what Hollywood does. No one cares about the work involved. We used to be inundated with so much content. It’s frustrating not being able to just shoot and release a video in a day. When you start doing this stuff on your own, you really appreciate the hell that George Lucas went through. This isn’t a comparison. It’s an acknowledgment. Back in the 70s, making a movie was so difficult. Tedious and limiting. Even afforded all the modern luxuries that I have, it’s still a tedious hassle. I have an off the shelf laptop. I could probably read these videos much faster with a better set up. The problem is I want to incorporate my VR into the PC, and if that happens, you’ll never hear from me again. I’m gonna start to try to discipline myself into producing at least a video a week. They’re all there sitting on my laptop. It’s a matter of time and effort. I apologize for my lackadaisical attitude. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The future is uncertain.

Sluts-R-Us

Is there nowhere left on the internet?